Background

On March 29, 2011, we were blessed with the arrival of our beautiful, identical
twin girls. We were very excited for this event, especially since it was
preceded by a 5 week hospital stay for me (and pretty much for Ches, too, since
he spent every night there with me).

Now we are trying to navigate the waters of parenthood. There is no amount
of mental preparation one can do to get ready for a new baby, let alone two
babies! I am creating this blog in order to share the experiences, but more
importantly, as a type of diary to capture all the moments I fear I will forget
if left up to just my brain to remember!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Lunch Time!

Ches started full time work in the office at the beginning of August. Luckily, the office is only a ten-minute walk away from home. We miss Ches terribly since he was such a big help. Before, when he was on the six hours in office and two at home each day, I would often have to only cover one feeding by myself. On full days of him in the office, depending on when the first feeding of the morning hits, I can end up doing three solo feedings a day. But our girls are so wonderful and frequently patient that it hasn't been too much of a problem yet.

Since we prefer not to go nine hours in a row without seeing each other, I pack up the girls (sometimes Robyn packs up a lunch for both of us) and meet Ches in a park that is a 3 minute walk away from his office. We get to spend almost thirty minutes in wonderful weather at a beautiful and deserted park. We sit on a picnic table in the shade while Ches eats. I will hold one of the girls (whoever happens to be awake), and then we move over to the activity area with the swings and slide.

We all walk Chesley back to his office, say goodbye for a little longer, and I will typically walk around with the girls for another half hour. Meeting up in the park makes me so happy. I know how hard Ches works to support his family and we could not be more proud or thankful. But it is hard for him to be away from his daughters. So every day that the weather permits, we will continue to meet Daddy in the park for lunch as a little token of our appreciation. We love you, Chesley!


No comments:

Post a Comment