Background

On March 29, 2011, we were blessed with the arrival of our beautiful, identical
twin girls. We were very excited for this event, especially since it was
preceded by a 5 week hospital stay for me (and pretty much for Ches, too, since
he spent every night there with me).

Now we are trying to navigate the waters of parenthood. There is no amount
of mental preparation one can do to get ready for a new baby, let alone two
babies! I am creating this blog in order to share the experiences, but more
importantly, as a type of diary to capture all the moments I fear I will forget
if left up to just my brain to remember!

Friday, August 19, 2011

Alina and the Totem Toy

I was rummaging through my wallet the other day and happened upon an gift card to Bed Bath and Beyond. I have no clue how long that was sitting there. It is a good chance that it was gifted to me when we lived in Gainesville (which was 4.5 years ago) since there is not a store that is easily accessible to us. Anyhoo, I checked online to see if there were any funds still left on the card. To my surprise, I had $30.

So of course we decided to spend it on the babies. We are a fan of the Lamaze brand of toys (we have Captain Calamari and the Knot) so we decided to pick up a couple more. The Peacock has now joined our family, and the girls have been ecstatic withe this addition. They especially love the black and white patterns on the back of the tail plumage. We also bought the awesome totem toy, which Alina took a liking to. The video below is when we showed her the toy for the first time.



1 comment: