Background

On March 29, 2011, we were blessed with the arrival of our beautiful, identical
twin girls. We were very excited for this event, especially since it was
preceded by a 5 week hospital stay for me (and pretty much for Ches, too, since
he spent every night there with me).

Now we are trying to navigate the waters of parenthood. There is no amount
of mental preparation one can do to get ready for a new baby, let alone two
babies! I am creating this blog in order to share the experiences, but more
importantly, as a type of diary to capture all the moments I fear I will forget
if left up to just my brain to remember!

Friday, July 29, 2011

Four Months Old!

Time does seem to have a way of going by faster these days. We have had so much fun watching how the girls have developed in the last four months. Everyday, when they do something a little new (like repeatedly looking at the giraffe on the bouncie and touching it gently several times), their adorableness factor goes higher. I wonder what skills they will have gained in the next month! They talk all the time now and have started to grab on to us as we hold them.

When I reflect on the last four months, I can see how far we have come as parents. I try to remind myself of the first few nights when we got only 30 minutes to an hour of sleep. Of us standing over the girls in the crib, watching them wriggle about, crying no matter what we did, and us laughing at the state of affairs. I remember the struggle we had making decisions about where they should sleep (bouncies, cuddled on the couch, pack n play, or crib). I remember the joy we had when the girls moved to a 4-hour cycle instead of feeding every 3 hours. I remember the happiness when they actually started to sleep soundly in the crib. I remember how hard it was to do everything (and at times anything) for them and how now it seems to just be a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment