Background

On March 29, 2011, we were blessed with the arrival of our beautiful, identical
twin girls. We were very excited for this event, especially since it was
preceded by a 5 week hospital stay for me (and pretty much for Ches, too, since
he spent every night there with me).

Now we are trying to navigate the waters of parenthood. There is no amount
of mental preparation one can do to get ready for a new baby, let alone two
babies! I am creating this blog in order to share the experiences, but more
importantly, as a type of diary to capture all the moments I fear I will forget
if left up to just my brain to remember!

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Walks

We love walking with the girls! Not only is it great exercise, we get to show them off to everyone!

Friday was my first solo venture out of the house with the girls. In the morning, I was thinking of spending 30 minutes on the recumbent bike, but it was just too darn pretty outside and the girls didn't want to be put down to allow the ride. After a really tough feeding, I buckled the girls in the car seats (which snap into our stroller) in preparation for a walk to meet Ches at his office so we can all walk home as a family. Of course, as soon as I turn away to so do something, I hear a very loud poopy fart from one of the girls. Since it was unclear as to who had done it, I did the relatively reliable butt smell test and went to change Alina.

It was so nice to walk to Ches' office to meet him! So nice that we have done it for 3 days in a row and hope to do it today as well. It is still a bit of a work out for me to carry both car seats and to push the stroller up the hills, but I am eager to become stronger. These girls are only going to continue to grow. I have learned that it is best to wear real shoes instead of my trusty old flip flops, much to my chagrin.

We also were able to make it out to the Grand Forest this weekend. The weather was perfect Friday through Sunday. If anything, it was almost a bit too warm at slightly above 80 degrees. Sorry all of you Florida people...I cannot imagine living in 95 degree weather right now! Both the girls were awake at different points in the walk. It is nice to introduce them to real nature and not just the landscaped trees on the walk to Safeway. Granted, I think it is truly more for our enjoyment at this point since they are still just little stimulus boxes, but soon enough they will be able to acknowledge the differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment